Join Aaron Sanders for an evening of Indigo and Shibori on Tuesday, November 6th from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Cultivate 7twelve. Participants will learn basics of itajime, or shape resist, shibori dyeing. Materials will be provided. Students will leave with dyed cotton fabric and a dyed tea towel. The course will cost $60.
• Learn basics of itajime, or shape resist, shibori dyeing.
• Learn to dye natural fiber goods in a plant derived indigo vat.
• A cotton tea towel will be provided, along with cotton yardage. Students are encouraged to bring their own natural fiber home goods and clothing from home for dyeing as well. All other materials are provided, but participants are encouraged to bring rubber dishwashing gloves.
• Light snacks will be provided. Participants are encouraged to bring their beverage of choice.
• Wear old clothing and shoes that can be stained. The dye will splash.