Samuel Shelton will be holding a different oil painting workshop the first Saturday of each month starting September 1st from 9:30-4:30 at Cultivate 712 in Waco, TX. During these workshops Samuel will teach and demonstrate the process of painting a variety of subjects from portraits and figure paintings to still life paintings He will be working right alongside the students in order to show and not just tell how a painting progresses.
Each student can expect to leave with a completed painting, well versed in the steps to getting a likeness of the subject or object being painted, and tricks to oil painting that are both easy to understand and to implement.
The Workshop for 10/6/18 will be Painting a Still Life from Life
Admission to the class for first time students can be purchased here
Admission to the class for returning workshop students can be purchased here
More information in available here
- Preferred brand of oil paints and mediums are from www.arttreehouse.com. If you have equivalent high quality paint; that will work as well.
- Oil paints: Treehouse White (or titanium or lead white), yellow ocher, venice red, burnt umber, ivory black, and ultramarine blue.
- Oil mediums: water washed walnut oil www.arttreehouse.com or spectrum naturals walnut oil from the grocery store
- Brushes: Bring brushes you would normally use in oil painting. Synthetic or Natural bristle is fine. No watercolor brushes.
- Wooden paint palette
- Small jar with screw- on lid to keep the walnut oil in. Baby food jars work well.
- 12x16 decent quality canvas or panel. Must be already primed and ready to paint on.
- A metal palette knife for mixing paint and scraping the palette
- rags or paper towels
- Painters tape
- Pencil/ gummy eraser
- ballpoint pen
- Prospek Proportional divider www.jerrysartarama.com (optional)
- mahl stick ( can be as simple as a yardstick)
- No paint thinner, mineral spirits or solvents of any kind are to be used in class. We will clean our brushes in oil.